Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day Four (last sad day!)

Sadly Laura had to head out to the airport early, so we headed out to the last even without her.  Laura, next time you're here we'll come up and take the Fox Tour, you'll love it!
 
we had some time to kill before got to the Fox Tour, so we decided to head on over to the Margaret Mitchell House (http://www.margaretmitchellhouse.com/) mostly because Laura had told us a bit about it and it was very close.  We were goign to the Federal Reserves until it dawned on me, der... I'm a federal worker and I'm off today, so they will be off as well!  Woops, so back to the Margaret Mitchell house to take a peek in the gift shop.
 
Linda found a new friend while she was there...
 



We also looked up a family member by marriages book while standing in the lobby - The Art of Gone With the Wind (http://www.amazon.com/The-Art-Gone-With-Wind/dp/0130467405)  We will definitely have to pick one of those up!

Then off to the tour of the Fox Theatre.  I'm not sure why I didn't take any pictures of the lovely covered waiting area.  It was really impressive!

I did, however take a picture of the original drinking fountain!  Loved it!
 Just for Eric - "What does the Fox Say?" ha!
 I loved the ceiling in here!!  WOW is all I have to say.  The lights were up for the cleaning personnel, even with that, it was very impressive!  I can imagine what it would look like in low light like fire light.

 Linda was feeling regal  - rather looks it too!
 She also pointed out the font of the exit signs... part of my research now will be to see why the Moroccan/middle eastern theme and love from Shriners... I just now caught onto the deep love of the theme from seeing this place.  You would think the crescent moon and the fez would have tipped me off, eh?  Nope.  Der.
 in the lobby of the tour.  It was very enlightening.  We'll have to come back up and see a show there some day (Ghost the Musical was playing this time... uh, no, thanks)


And with that another All Girls Weekend comes to a close!
Those who didn't make it, you were missed, those that just started to join in on the fun, welcome!!  Hope to see you on another fun get together.

No comments: