Friday, November 8, 2013

Day one..

Going to Atlanta I didn't get the directions put in my phone so we put "Hyatt Peachtree" there could only be one right? So I get going and we happily drive and end up downtown. As I had done no research on the hotel I really didn't think twice. We drive past it and didn't see an entrance sign so I decided to drive around and we found ANOTHER Peachtree road on the OTHER side of the hotel ... Weird. We went in and talked to the receptionist. Seems there ARE more than one Hyatt place on Peachtree!! Wow. So we get instructions on how to get to the "other" Hyatt. Off we go. Do you KNOW how many streets contain or have Peachtree in their name in 8 miles? Us either however were sure it's over 10!! We laughed and giggles every time we saw another Peachtree :)

We got to the hotel and after my panic of booking the wrong hotel (Buckhead) canceling that reservation then booking the perimeter hotel, then finding out Laura was at the Buckhead hotel after all... Rebooking at a much higher rate..... Well we got here and the NICE gals at the Buckhead desk helped us get to Perimeter and I'm at my much happier rate there! Whoooo hooooo problem solved! Good thing too as Buckhead is a driving madhouse in my opinion. :$

Laura wasn't in her room she was still at her museum. So we called her and talked and arranged to go to the 2nd hotel and book it to be sure we had a room for the weekend. Laura was going to walk back to the hotel and meet us there. When left she said she was on Peachtree and I chuckled. When we got back and she had yet to make it to the hotel we took our chances and went to look for her! Success!! We found her on the main Peachtree road next to Peachtree Battle Memorial road. Nope not kidding. Ha!

However there are cute little Bucks all over town!

We headed to Perimeter and drove to find lunch...On the way and detour number twenty five we saw this:

What a creepy fun house for Halloween eh?

The hotel is great and looks JUST like the one In Buckhead.




Mom rested and Laura and I went out to goodwill and Target.

After catching up and visiting we headed to Chuys for dinner. Very interesting place. Laura and mom had some spicy Chimichangas and I had Flautas. Yum!

Fun ceiling isn't it?






Now we're sitting at the hotel and getting ready for Linda to get here at 12:30am!! Come on midnight.

Geeze I'm getting old. It's 9:30 and I could go to bed right now. Then again my tummy is full ;)

No comments: